Senior Node.Js Developer
What We Are Looking For
As a senior Node.js developer, your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from clients. The selected person will have extensive experience in developing and maintaining Node.js based Web Applications, including experience developing detailed and robust design, coding, testing, and implementing proposed systems. You will also be providing technical oversight for major projects. This includes ensuring that information security risks are managed and identifying and addressing barriers and risks to successful implementation.
Who We Are
We are GlobalVision, a software and technology company founded in 1990 and headquartered in Montreal. We develop high-tech industrial quality control solutions for international businesses. We’re a global company and businesses everywhere use and depend on our software. We have a strong vision, and it’s carried out by a tight-knit, talented, and diverse team.
Work Hard, Play Hard
At GlobalVision balance is important to us. Growing our people is just as important as building the best products possible. We have carefully cultivated our team, and we are always looking for new talent to join our company.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Build dynamic web applications using agile development methodology.
- Ensure completed modules provide all functionality described by application experts and meet performance guidelines.
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company’s products.
- Integrate data storage solutions, including data management and data migration.
- Enforce coding standards and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to others on the team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with server-side frameworks and templating languages.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with NodeJS.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining Web Applications.
- Experience in the full life cycle of next generation IT applications, including secure coding practices.
- Experience in technologies such as Node.js (must have), Angular, Webservers, and databases.
- Experience with Node.js utility libraries such as Express, Hapi, Async, Grunt, and Bluebird.
- Experience with code coverage, unit testing, and integration tests.
- Experience with version control software such as GIT.
- Proficiency with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools such as JIRA, Version One, or Rally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Database Management Systems or related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Project management, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Competitive salary.
- On-site gym.
- Auditorium cafeteria.
- Modern facilities.
- Free parking.
Apply to GlobalVision
Please share a little bit about yourself with us